Get the highly useful home remedies for fire ant bite
Although each and every creature in this world is useful in some ways, but they are also sometimes harmful to the other creatures. Insects are one such little creature that is highly annoys the human beings and other animals. There are millions of types of ants in this world, some of which are highly poisonous and sometimes even leads to death. One among such ants is the fire ants which are the dangerous little creatures that are highly annoying to the human being. It is not a big deal if one ant bites you, but in case if you got bitten by hundreds of ants at a time then it is guaranteed that you will get a feel like you are on fire. That is why it is named as the fire ant, these kinds of issues need the immediate medical treatment otherwise one may face a lot of additional side effects including the inflammation, pain, and itching, etc. Fortunately, the medical industry has invented a lot of useful treatments that are very much effective in getting rid of from this issue.
Reason behind the ant bites hurt
These ants usually bite you for getting a grip and then sting on your skin from their stomach. This injects the alkaloid which is venom, this sting will make you feel like your skin is on fire. One cannot even tolerate the burning feel which they get in that affected region.
What are the treatments?
The first and foremost thing you may notice when got stung because of the fire ant is the highly burning feeling in and around that region. This region will then turn into a red color, the worst thing about these harmful insects is that it keeps on sting you repeatedly until you remove it. Thus, these are very harmful insects than the honey bees. The first possible symptom next to burning sensation is the itching bumps on that affected area and then they slowly disappear after few hours. When these bumps healed, it will leave a scar on that affected part. So, once you have got affected follow the below things for the first ailment.
• Wash the sting with soap to destroy the bacteria and to protect from further infection.
• Then, although it is a little bit hard to follow, it is recommended not to scratch the affected region as the scratching will make the condition even worse.
Some of the home remedies include:
• Apply the essential oils such as lavender oil, tea tree oil, etc or diluting them with carrier oils like coconut oil, almond oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, etc. in the affected area. This helps in reducing the pain, itchiness and the inflammation and also helps in inhibiting the healing process.
• One can mix baking soda and water to form a paste and apply it on the affected area and let it set for about 30 minutes. This stops the itching and reduces the swelling.
• Applying the ice is also the effective method that could help in reducing the itching and inflammation.